The Australasian EPD Programme
The Australasian EPD® Programme provides a trans-Tasman platform for communicating credible environmental information. Today, the local and global markets have increased demand for science-based, verified and comparable information about environmental performance of goods and services.
The Australasian EPD® Programme is aligned with its partner organization, the International EPD® System, to enable a harmonized and efficient platform for global EPD® development and communication.
Both organisations are programme operators for type III environmental declarations, commonly maintaining an aligned system to verify and register EPD®s as well as keeping a library of EPD®s and PCRs in accordance with ISO 14025.
For construction products we also adopt the European standard EN 15804, and recommend construction products and materials declare their EPDs according to EN 15804. The Australasian EPD® Programme is a strategic joint venture of the Life Cycle Association of New Zealand and The Australian Life Cycle Society, operating in alignment with our partners The International EPD® System. The Governing Principles of the The Australasian EPD® Programme are available here.
The Programme is governed by a Board of Directors and consists of the following members.
- Stephen Mitchell (Chair) – ALCAS appointment. Principal Consultant of Stephen Mitchell Associates
- John McArthur (Treasurer) – LCANZ appointment. Managing Director at The Carbon Shop, LCANZ Treasurer and former Carbon Reporting Manager with Fletcher Building Ltd
- Caroline Noller – ALCAS appointment. Founder & Chief Strategy Officer, The Footprint Company - The Footprint Company
- Mark Stevens – LCANZ appointment. Head of Sales - New Zealand at Tork Professional Hygiene
- Andrew Marjoribanks – ALCAS appointment. Independent Mining & Metals Professional - Steel Stewardship Forum
- Sven-Olof Ryding - IVL Swedish Environmental Research Institute
- Martin Fryer – LCANZ appointment. Sustainability Manager - Auckland International Airport Limited
The Programme is supported by a Technical Advisory Group (TAG) and consists of the following members:
- Andrew Moore (Chair) – Principal Sustainability Scientist at Life Cycle Logic.
- Jonas Bengtsson (Vice-Chair) – CEO and Co-founder at Edge Environment.
- Barbara Nebel Managing Director and co-owner of thinkstep Australasia and current LCANZ President.
- Tim Grant Director at Lifecycles and current ALCAS President.
- David Dowdell Principle Sustainability Scientist BRANZ
- Rob Rouwette Director of start2see Pty Ltd
- Kimberly Robertson Consultant at Catalyst Ltd.
- Kristian Jelse Programme Manager at the International EPD System