Green Star Australia introducing new embodied carbon innovation challenges
New Green Star innovation challenges are being introduced for energy and carbon by the Green Building Council of Australia which will have implications for building and construction materials suppliers.
The Responsible Carbon Impact innovation challenge will reward projects for:
- Reducing embodied carbon by 10 per cent
- Offsetting all embodied carbon using NCOS offsets
- 20 per cent reduction in embodied carbon impacts and/or the use of carbon neutral certified products.
The Carbon Positive innovation challenge will reward projects for:
- Offsetting all remaining Scope 1 and 3 emissions using NCOS offsets
- Offsetting an additional 10 per cent of embodied carbon.
For further details go to www.gbca.org.au